Friday, February 25, 2005

A few confessions....

Some stuff to get off my chest. Let's begin:

Confession 1: I lied to someone in order to get out of something I said I would do and then decided I was uncomfortable doing. If you know me really well, this kind of goes against my whole obsession with honesty. And if you're one of my old friends or family, you know I usually will tell you straight out that I'm not interested. But here's the deal: I have a new friend. She invited me somewhere, to a bar, that I thought it would be fun to go. Then, I find out that its going to be a whole crowd of rowdy people (a few of her friends would have been nice, because its never too late to make new friends). I am not rowdy unless I am completely totally comfortable in a situation. Here's my thought process: Imagine the worst possible scenario in a bar/party scene. These people I would be with, do I trust them to get me through that scenario in one piece? Date rape drug? So drunk can't think, move, speak? In this case, no, not yet. So I had to make an excuse. On the plus side, I realize now that I do trust a few people at work now so the next time they ask me to go out (let's be honest, they may have given up on me) I may say yes. This may not come as a shock to some of you, but I have trust issues. But don't worry, once I trust you, i really trust you.

Confession 2: My cat is dumb. But i like her anyway. She loves the humidifier, she likes to lick it (i don't know)...but then when I turned it off to clean and turned it back on, she freaks out and runs. She licks the wall. She licks my feet (eww). She plays with my socks. She chases her tail. But she's fun and cute. No more crazy cat lady stuff today.

Confession 3: Sometimes, when my sister writes really smart, meaningful blogs like today, I don't read them because I glaze over halfway through. As I'm doing it, I realize that I should be ashamed that I can't make it through one intelligent blog entry. Usually I continue reading so I can respect myself. But I thought everyone should know that most of the time I'd rather read a romance novel. I do admit that it does sometimes seem that i am throwing away my intelligent brain cells, but then I slog through a book like Atlas Shrugged and think I'm set for the next year (i didn't mind the book, it was a little boring, but OK). So this summer, I have to read an intelligent book again. Any suggestions?

Confession 4: It's 9:23 pm on a Friday night and I am too excited about getting in bed and reading (not exactly a romance novel, but frighteningly close). Tomorrow I have loads of plans: laundry, shopping, dinner....and Sunday I am definitely going to the dog show (anyone interested out there? for real here people...my mom is lame and can't go because she has a party. stupid social mom).

Will blog sometime again this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment