Saturday, January 08, 2005

You can't stop me...

This may be a long one. I am in a cheerful but scattered mood and may ramble for some time. I think it's time to welcome back the bulleted entry. Even though I did one about a week and a half ago I haven't been doing them much lately.
  • Bullets, how i've missed you!
  • So, this friend of mine ran into John Malkovich on the street. For those of you who don't know, he is returning to his theater, Steppenwolf and doing a play for the next few months. And also for those of you who may have missed this: I love John Malkovich. There is something about him that I just am drawn to. I haven't seen him in anything for a long time, but I used to make a point to see any movie he was in. This one was not so good, but this, this and this were excellent! And that's only a few...oh my gosh, i nearly peed my pants in joy that my friend had run into him. Imagine if i did! And really, its only a few blocks (ok, a bit more than a few) from where i live that he ran into him. Can't wait to see him on stage. Maybe I can talk my Dad into helping me find some good seats.
  • Speaking of actors, I recently discovered that I really like Michael Keaton. Is that weird? And he really disappeared off the face of the earth there for a while. Does anyone remember Multiplicity? I really liked that movie. But now he's back..in some scary movie that I guess is actually scary. Maybe he'll have a comeback. Just maybe...
  • This morning as I was dancing around after the shower, I realized that I really like living alone. A lot. I mean, there aren't many who would put up with blasting Justin Timberlake watching me dance around. And really, I couldn't possibly dance like I do now if i had a roomate, because i'm too modest and i prefer to dance in my underwear. Too much information?
  • My mooj (endearing term for mother) is facing a tough decision back at home. My cat Allie (15) is having a thyroid problem. The pills worked, but now she has a low white count, which means if she gets sick, she dies. So my mom can: take her off the pills (not an option because allie got really skinny and was having some diarrhea issues), get surgery to remove her thyroid (putting her under might mean she never wakes up), give her radiation (effectively radiates away her thyroid but costs $1,000) or just keep giving her the pills and take the chances. Old cats...tough choices.
  • I ruined my weightwatchers week on Friday by eating a not very good piece of cake. I need my self-control back. Who took it?
  • My high school girls (2 of them anyway) are coming to stay tonight. Should be fun, and possibly drunken. I haven't been drunk since...oh geez, who remembers? A long time. I'll probably not get drunk anyway, but gotta leave options open.

Ok, well I'm off to watch one of the following: Spiderman 2, Bourne Supremacy or SuperSize Me. Have a good weekend all!


1 comment:

  1. I'm deeply disappointed that you didn't list Con Air as one of Malkovich's best movies...cause other than rounders...i don't think it gets any better than him being another awesome bad guy, and Michael Keaton is kind of a weirdo...i think

    ReplyDelete