Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A dream come true?

Now you're thinking, oooh, what wonderful thing happened to Katie. Ok, not like that. Here's the deal: I've been having dreams about this guy from my high school. Lets call him Lucah because that's what my cousin used to call me since he doesn't know my name. Ok, so Lucah was the beautiful jock that was nice to everyone but led astray by his rascal friends. Maybe others see that differently, but I don't think he could be mean. Anyway, I randomly have dreams about him sometimes (yummy dreams), which is weird because I don't think I've talked to him since 7th grade, when we had our week long romance and he held my hand, oh and kissed my cheek. Very exciting. Had a wonderful, satisfying dream about him about 3 nights ago in fact.

Well, I saw Lucah on the "L" this morning. And I tried to play it cool (for your future reference, I SUCK at playing it cool). So after the 800th time i'd glanced his way we caught eyes, he waved, i waved back. It was very awkward. Then I looked the other way. I started mentally berating myself for being such a loser with guys and not going over to him and saying hello. So the train stops. Because, well, trains do that. And the loudspeaker goes, "boop boop boop we are being delayed waiting for signals ahead. we expect to be moving shortly." So i said Fuck it, and went and said hello. I was very proud of myself. And a little startled at how Lucah responded. He did a weird, tug on my scarf hello thing. He looks old and nerdy, which is very different from the Lucah I remember. And the Lucah of my dreams.

Again, no point to this. Except that its weird, because we said hello and i really haven't talked to him since middle school.

A few random points:
As i was walking in the snow home, I couldn't help but love it. Ok, yes, it was cold and needling in my face, but the trees are so pretty. Its so pretty down here.

I felt like I was in trouble today at work. Not a good feeling around the office..and then my underwriter goes into the office manager's office and closes the door. Closed doors are very bad. Or very good. It really goes either way. But i'm thinking bad. I wonder what we'll find out before the week ends...

I don't feel very good so I think i'll make soup. Have you ever looked at the nutrition information on a pack of ramen? Much worse than you'd expect. Back on Weight Watchers, so I may have cravings or random snippets about food here and there.

1 comment:

  1. Props to you for makin the move! You shoulda got his number and hung out ;-) Hope the holidays were great and everything else is goin well! Congrats on the promotion too....man, you're a stud :-)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete