Sunday, October 03, 2004

A pain behind my eye...

After a long weekend spent celebrating my cousin's marriage, I am thoroughly exhausted (by the way, congratulations newlyweds!). On to the few things I have thought about this weekend..

  • Being in a catholic church this weekend was a surreal experience. Besides the fact that i was seeing my first cousin get married (a cousin who i grew up alongside), the whole experience was very interesting. As someone who does not have religion, watching the ceremony and all that goes with it was a little weird. There is something about God and religion that i just don't belong with. At the same time, it was nice to see the cousin get married. I don't know, religion perplexes me.

  • I think that in general I am just an awkward person. Have I already mentioned this? Maybe I have...but i just am not good with spanking new people. Give me a few hours and I'll get comfortable and friendly...but right off the bat, I tend towards shy. Sometimes I fear people think i'm snobby or something because i have a tough time talking to new people. I guess I'm just a slow adapter, I have comfort issues.

  • All families are crazy. Or so I hope. But mine, well, we have an extra dose of nutty than most. Seeing the family in their drunken glory though...now that is what makes a family function so eventful. The dancing aunts and uncles, the crying and of course the jokes and laughing, makes me realize that anything else would be boring. How boring would family gatherings be without all those hijinks?

  • I love Disney World. I'm watching Disney World unwrapped right now. I've been to disney world once a year for about 3 or 4 years in a row now. And this year, I'm breaking that record by not going...isn't that sad??

I'm getting sick...headache and a runny nose, so I'm going to go vege. Although I do have homework....


No comments:

Post a Comment