Monday, October 25, 2004

La la la la...

Hello. I'm crabby again but trying to cheer up. I just read Zach Braff's blog and its about London and how wonderful it is, and Oh, I want to be in London. I too remember when my flatmates were calling people "fit." And there's a plethora of other words I loved, like knackered and apparently my new favorite "bejesus" is an Anglophile thing to say. But appreciation for London and the English is always a cheering thought. So thanks Zach Braff for reminding me that I'm an anglophile.

Another thought I've been having all day is that I need to think of a good cat name or two. For a while I was leaning towards something easy and nick-namey to say. For example, I call my cat Allie "Binker." Now this is obviously not her name, but its perfect for her. So I was trying to think of something that would work right off the bat. My front runners were Leelu and well...leelu. Which I don't really want as a cat name.

I'm trying to find a new idea for a cat name...for example, by looking at Harry Potter name sites...and I'm thinking maybe a Lord of the Rings site? Yes, I am thoroughly nerdy. But not as nerdy as this. Or this. Or this. But that last one does have some good names. Come on Fatty Lumpkin? Perfect for a cat.

Any cat name suggestions? Mildred? Kind of like that....

PS- the new U2 song that's in the IPOD commercial? Does it bother anyone else that he says 1, 2, 3, 14. do you think he means uno, does, tres, cuatro? Not uno, dos, tres, catorce?

2 comments:

  1. I have a cousin (second cousin actually) and she named her cat Kit E. Kat. Please Do NOT name your cat that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my god Kate, I finally can access your blog through my aim user, YEA!!! It drives me abosuletly WILD that U2 sings 1,2,3, 14. Everyone I have brought this up to doesnt think it's a big deal, but I am wondering if Spanish speaking people think that U2 are idiots that dont know how to count. I mean it sounds good uno, dos, tres, catorce, but seriously.....I am very curious what the spanish speaking population thinks. I also wonder how many english speaking people catch this "mistake" I mean most of us know at least 1-10 in spanish don't we? I am glad I am not the only one that this bothers, I was thinking I was being anal that I can speak spanish and caught this little "goof up" or whatever you want to call it. And I dont possibly think Bono is that stupid that he doesnt realize he is counting wrong, do you?

    ReplyDelete