Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Random snippets...

Please enjoy some random snippets of thought I had today:

  • If you live in the "Windy City," it may not be the best idea you ever had to style your hair in a comb-over. I saw a guy with a normal short hair-do on one side and long silky strands blowing all over the place on the other. You look stupid, and we all knew you were bald BEFORE the wind hit.
  • Getting a job because your Dad knows the boss is not something to be ashamed of. And office politics are stupid when the nice girl is an outcast to a bunch of bitter obnoxious ladies mourning the loss of their youth (don't worry, I am not the nice girl and I am not the hecklers, I'm an in-betweeny who both sides are trying to woo. Don't worry, I'll stay strong in my neutrality.....or lean towards the outcast).
  • It is my choice to diet in order to reduce my bust. However, when others find it may be enlightening to tell me that i'm "so small" and "mini" it does nothing for me but make me have to explain that my boobs are still jumbo. And that just embarrasses everyone because then they can't help but look at my boobs and hunchback. I got belittled at lunch and yet the not fat girl who is getting married did not get questioned when she only ate slimy pieces of ham for lunch (no carbs for her). Because she has a reason? Just because I'm short and not fat doesn't mean I don't have a need to diet.
  • Scrubs was extremely laugh-inducing last night. I just wanted to declare my love for Zach Braff. And to be honest, my devotion to Justin Timberlake is dying.
  • Growing up is weird. Having married friends is weird. Watching people start careers or move to new places/start jobs (maybe not careers)...is different. But kind of exotic and entertaining. Enjoying it.

Good night.

Two more days of work left.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie,

    First of all, I've created a blog but am stupid and don't know how to type into the text box (yeah don't ask, apparently I don't know how to use my computer). I'll let you know when (if) I figure it out.

    Now my comment. Who the hell has the right to tell you whether you should diet or not? I mean, I don't think that you are fat, but if you want to diet to lose them boobies, more power to you!

    Glad you're getting over Justin!

    ReplyDelete