Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Raindrops on roses....

Some of my favorite things:

the feeling of cleaning your face at night...the cooling, clean feeling. Can't be beat.

a piece of paper with ballpoint pen writing on either side. a great example is your check register (if you keep your checkbook balanced using ball point pen). the paper becomes all bumpy and yet soft somehow...it never fails to make me happy.

a crispy piece of bacon. Soggy bacon need not apply. The English do bacon a grievous wrong...english style bacon is chewy, like chewing on a raw piece of meat. Gross.

when you're reading a book and you start to use vocabulary from that book. For example, in this lovely train of thought entry i just said "grievous wrong" and actually thought it. Because I'm reading Jane Austen. Its a fun way to think and even more fun to expand the vocabulary...

live music. I want to say that I like to hear everything once...but I may not enjoy a country or rap concert (although I do have one in my concert past). But a great concert is warming.

random acts of kindness...almost always the ones that make me feel hugged are the ones that i have no part in. For example, there was a man who was obviously visually impaired walking away from the train in Geneva. I think he was trying to get to the other side of the tracks...at least two people immediately offered help. And a blind woman in the train station every morning in Chicago is frequently offered help, something I never expect (even though I saw it nearly everyday). You always hear that Americans are assholes..

a sweatshirt or blanket warm from the dryer on a cold, dreary winter day. I always feel so cozy on those kinds of days, I kind of love them. Even if there is snow involved usually.

a pretty flower...an iris, an orchid...a daisy.

a movie that gets stuck in your head because it was so good and I'm going to be cheesy here: it "spoke to you". Or one that is fluffy and at the end you can't help but feel hope. Lots of it.

my cat when shes shaved. SO SOFT.

ok, thats it. for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment