Sunday, September 12, 2004

Nothing too interesting...

I have two questions to ask and then I'm off to bed. And if there are any men reading this (I really have no clue of my audience) you should reply and fill us all in.

First: Is a skeleton attractive? I mean, picture a Halloween skeleton. Or one from science class. Does that turn you on? Because honestly, that's what some girls look like. A skeleton with dull-looking sickly skin stuck to it. In Geneva, tasting some wine at the Festival of the Vine (except we didn't really taste any wine because it cost too much and is gross), ran into some people. No names. But the girl looked ill. Honestly...and I have some stats for you (courtesy of Katy)....she weighs 104 lbs and is 5'6". My healthy weight was somewhere like 110-120. I'm 5'1". The girl is dying. And yet, she has this beautiful (although slightly creepy and shady) boy that finds her hot. So what is it boys? What is the fascination with protruding bones? Because isn't that uncomfortable?

Second: It never rains, but it pours. An observation: a girl with a boy is more attractive? Why? Something about competition? I'm thinking about finding a dummy boyfriend. He can just pretend we're dating, then when other guys start hitting on me, he can disappear. It will be lovely...its a great plan.

Now I'm going to bed...because I have a long week of work/insurance school ahead. And a big weekend involving a Keane concert and apartment hunting.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kate...can you email me and tell me who it was? Come on, I'm dying to know. (And just to give you one guy's opinion, Sam doesn't think skeletons are attractive--he just told me that Selma Blair was attractive, but not how she is now, because she's too skinny. Plus, he's with me.) Don't you wonder if maybe that guy urges her to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. I surfed in from the Blogger toolbar thing.

    To answer your first question. I for one, don't find sickly skinny girls like that attractive. I think it's quite disturbing actually... how some of these girls starve or binge and purge themselves to such a state.

    Second, the deal about a girl being with a guy or vice versa... it's like, if you see a couple you tend to think, "Wow there must be something special there" (or something similar).. but if like you see a dude or a girl out by him/her self you tend to think, "Why is this person single?... what's the story here?... There must be something wrong with him/her."

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lazy my dear and don't have a blog account - i do the live journal route however - the skeleton comment was too good to comment on!! yes, i read your blog - what else is there to do when living at home! :o) however MY GOODNESS! I hear ya! i go out and get sick!! i have asked many a guy of all ages, races, frattie or not, the skeleton is NOT attractive. they told me that they could go for it because they are *easy* and know that they cna get a number out of it at the very least and most of the time make out. they dont want to be with someone like that - to high maintence. granted these are just friends or co workers but hey, i go for the curves, especially since mine are plentiful! :o)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete