Thursday, September 23, 2004

The guilt and decisions of an adult.

First let me start by saying that i feel lots of guilt because its 7:30am and I'm at home. That's right, I'm home sick. I decided to take the plunge and be a bad employee last night when we didn't get back from Chicago until 11. Apartment hunting and dinner with the cousin lasted a little longer than expected. Woke up this morning a little earlier than I would have liked (sleeping in until 7 is not really sleeping in) with a splitting headache. So now I feel vindicated.

Plus, to be honest, there was very little to do at work. It was boring and the days were stretching to infiniti.

Anyway, I think I found the apartment I want. I've gone up and done and around again trying to reason my way through this (or out of the apartment) but I still want it. Which is probably one of the reasons I didn't sleep well and woke up with a pounding headache. Because there's reasons why each of the apartments we saw were good, and there's reasons why they aren't. And this one is seriously vintage...I mean the kitchen is a little oldish and the bathroom too. But that is not even that important (especially because there is a mini dishwasher). The apartment has this old, homey feel. Theres a fireplace (although it doesn't actually work) and my bedroom would actually be up a little spiral staircase (wood, not metal). The living room can then be looked at from the little balcony leading to the bedroom. Ok, so pretty much, its cool. And big, and not far from the EL and I'd probably buy parking in a hospital parking lot (which can only be assumed is safe). I really like it. I can't talk myself out of it.

As moving to the city gets closer, it gets scarier. I mean, I like being alone, but being all alone, all the time. Sounds lonely, right? But exciting at the same time. It's going to take some getting used to.

Swooping back to the guilt for not being at work pretending to work right now. Until my underwriter gets back there's a decided lack of things to be done at work. And everyone around the office knows it...i mean, everyone. And we all sit and look busy. Which is boring and long.

So, the headache is a little better...maybe i'll do lots of things while i'm sitting around feeling guilty.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better Katie. Congrats on finding an apartment you like and all.

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete