Monday, September 21, 2009

Bits...

My dear friend in DC asked that I write about her so that she can read about herself at work tomorrow. And so DC, I say: congratulations on your recent nuptials! You were a beautiful bride - your Mom sent me the most amazing picture of you. It is my new favorite picture of you ever. Beautiful.

I hope Costa Rica was great and all, but it was drastically more boring at work without you around to gchat with. Please don't leave me for 3 weeks again.


* * *

I tried yesterday to write about my insecurities. I failed. I think I'm just going to start writing every now and again about something that makes me uncomfortable. When these...uncomfortable sentences happen, if they affect loml, I would like to extend to him complete rein to respond/delete/veto/redact those sentences. Up to you loml.

* * *

Since loml and I were friends for a long time before we were something more, we had a fairly established dynamic. It has been intriguing, fun, hilarious, maddening (and for me, at times a bit rough) to believe that we are a couple and to figure out what that means.

It means a lot of things to me, in ways I expected and ways I didn't. I expected to be challenged - I've been single for a long time. And loml is the kind of person that challenges you whether he's your boy or not. I didn't expect that that challenge is one of my favorite pieces of this (along with the giggling & talking while laying in bed, they tie).

I keep trying to go on here - but that is simply stated what I wanted to say.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment