Tuesday, June 03, 2008

In which I am a tight wad...

I am currently watching 'how it's made' and they're making a harp. It's amazingly interesting.

It just now came to my attention that I've suddenly become frugal (or if you listen to some family members, more frugal than they think I was). A tight wad if you will. I'm trying my damnedest to get out of the apartment and into a condo and it suddenly makes sense to bum a free vacation and sell my car. Maybe it always would have made sense. Maybe. But I think the whole striving for real estate is making me pinch pennies more (I almost just typed, "making me tighter" and that seemed like a grave error. Still does).

As an aside, 'how it's made' has one of the worst shots/scenes in the history of TV, where whatever is being made glides in front of some bullshit (the background NEVER makes sense) on a little pedestal. It annoys me to no end.

I wrote this whole post because I just found myself almost signing up for zipcar and then deciding that I should wait until the car sale goes through. I admit to being absurdly excited about zipcar. I also am excited about not paying for my parking space or insurance. I will save over $200 a month. That doesn't include what I'll save in gas. I'm so cheap I won't even sign up for zipcar 2 weeks early.

No comments:

Post a Comment