Saturday, December 30, 2006

Year in review...

I'm quickly going to go through my 26 of 2006 and see what I accomplished. Strikethrough means I did it completely. Notes follow each item in italics.
  1. Go on at least 3 dates (with 3 different people). Definitely accomplished. None very good. One involved green teeth.
  2. Learn how to html, and therefore revolutionize my blog. I didn't take the time to revolutionize the blog. It wasn't high on the priority list and I've been spending most of my free time knitting.
  3. Exercise fairly regularly. And if not that, then at least sometimes. Um, yeah, failed at this one. I did OK for part of the summer.
  4. Move my square of city exploration out a bit more - some places I'd like to explore are Wicker Park, Boystown, even just Lakeview. Toss up. I did a bit better.
  5. Cook a meal at least once a week. Even if it is tacos every other week. No way did I accomplish this.
  6. Go see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and a ballet somewhere. I actually saw the symphony twice. And I saw Cinderella (ballet) which I wasn't all that impressed with. Ballet not for me. But I do enjoy the symphony and already have tickets for the 2007 season.
  7. Convince my sister and S to move to the city. They're here. But I didn't have much to do with it.
  8. Have a friend (make a friend?) in the city (sister does not count). Sadly, still friendless. But things are looking up for summer 2007...
  9. Buy another Frank Lloyd Wright cross-stitch, finish it and frame it to help with #10. Found knitting. Cross-stitch a thing of the past...
  10. Put more items up on the walls - blank walls = boring walls. I definitely have more on my walls. And more planned to go up in the next few months.
  11. Visit somewhere I've never been.. Vegas.
  12. Be better with letter writing. I was not up to my usual high volumes of mail. I'd like to send something to someone about every other day. For the greater part of the year I was OK. For the end of the year (the past 3 months+) I was a really, really terrible correspondent.
  13. Thorough spring cleaning. Mmm, I can't remember it ever being completely organized or clean here.
  14. Watch 3 new movies a week (this is highly improbable, but I would like to do it). Highly improbable was right. Didn't do it.
  15. Try the Salt & Pepper diner, Sweet Mandy B's, that pancake house on Clark, just try some new food places. I cannot believe we've only been eating Sweet Mandy B's for a year. It feels like I've loved Sweet Mandy for all of my life.
  16. Get an assistantship (this will have to be late 2006). I got a job instead (student internship). Does that count?
  17. Have a high GPA - but NOT be insanely stressed. My GPA is kicking ass right now. And I do get stressed, but I haven't been insane just yet.
  18. Lose holiday weight and keep it off....in other words, stay true to the points. I have been OK with the points this year. I'm not as heavy as I was, but I'm not as thin as I have been.
  19. Go to another hockey game or two. Nope
  20. Pay more attention to politics/world news. I'm doing much better!
  21. Start taking vitamins. It's hard for me to remember, but I try really hard.
  22. Visit the Mooj more since my brother is going to be leaving for college (SCARY). I think I was at the Mom's more than ever this year
  23. I'll build on #22 and say: see each family member at least once each month. Although the brother might be too hard... And I definitely accomplished this, even with the brother.
  24. Think before I speak (a little more) or tone down the brutality of my honesty. I've been watching myself more and I think I'm a little "softer".
  25. Fall in love (please?). Didn't happen for me.
  26. Keep on top of the clutter/stay organized. I'm better...bookshelf helps. But there's still shit everywhere. It's my curse.
My stats: 12/26. Not even 50%. Not good.

For me, there will be no 27 for 2007. Let me explain why...

For some reason, maybe it started at Christmas, I have a really bad feeling about next year. I have this heavy stone in my stomach. A pile of premonition. I'm hoping, hoping I'm wrong. But I've never felt this before. It's weird. Really weird.

So for all 27 of my numbers, I just want everyone I love to stay alive, healthy and happy.

Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm going to hope you're wrong on this premonition thing. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete