Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Letter numero uno...

Dear Mona,

I have underestimated you, my stupid little cat. I assumed you had no cleverness in you...that you were more like a silly dog (falling in the toilet? attacking the humidifier? licking the wall?) than a cat. But oh how you surprised me today.

I knew you liked your newest toy, the pipe cleaner. I didn't realize that pipe cleaners must be some sort of cat drug. That you couldn't get enough. That you would go to any length (or depth) to get another. And another. And another.

Imagine my surprise when I went over to where all of my craft items are stored and found 10-15 pipe cleaners scattered on the ground (used up? All their druggy goodness gone?). I thought that keeping the pipe cleaners in a bag, in a bin, under my bookcase was quite a hiding place.

What I didn't realize was that the slightest catty glimpse of that bag could be had through the handle of said bin. And that you would stick your paw in the handle and move the bag around. And stick your head between shelf and bin (choking..literally) to pull out a new, and more euphoria inducing than the last, pipe cleaner.

Ah cat, you amuse me. Continue stealing pipe cleaners all you like. But no overdosing (or choking to death) please.

Love,
Katie

1 comment: