Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Some thoughts about NaBloPoMo...

I told you I would post twice today. I am HARDCORE. I've been thinking about blogs a lot lately because...well, I have to blog everyday....
  • The odds of winning one of the many, many wonderful prizes rises every day. I feel like people are dropping like flies.
  • And the fact that people are dropping like flies is not surprising to me. At first it was...but a lot of these people have far busier lives than I...I'm sure corralling kids is a lot trickier than say...sitting on the couch hating your group members. Either way, it's bully for me because I might actually win something fantastic.
  • And my last point for the evening is the unexpected size of my readership every day. It has not grown fantastically or anything, but it has been bigger than I ever have had before.* My average is around 45 visits a day. I don't think I know of more than 12ish people who openly read this blog. So who are you other people? Do I know you in real life? I have read many a blog that calls for the readers to "delurk" (you know, show yourselves openly) and they always fail miserably. So if you really want to stay anonymous, then post a comment AS anonymous and just tell me if you know me. I'm just curious in an almost purely statistical, nerdy way.
*Typing this made me realize that when I changed over my layout to blogger beta's new layout wizardy thingy I forgot to move over my site meter. So I lost quite a few days worth of data and therefore have no idea if people really are still reading this. I assume so...

PS - if you're one of the really techy blog readers who has a reader, my feed has changed with blogger moving to beta. It is now:
http://katieromo.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
I think the old atom one will work for a time, but basically what is is doing is redirecting you to the one above...

1 comment:

  1. Actually you do not know me in real life. I was searching for Chicago bloggers and liked what you had to say. I am living in Arizona now but lived in Chicago the first 34 years of my life. I have you bookmarked and I check every day.

    ReplyDelete