Thursday, June 22, 2006

The nerdiest nerd there was...

Over the weekend my Mom and her friends were making fun of my nerdery (in the nicest possible way). I think it started with me saying I would probably at some point end up with another cat. I know, I'm already a cat lady and three is borderline crazy cat lady. But honestly, at least the crazy cat lady is interesting. I wouldn't be just any twenty-something, I'd be the youngest crazy cat lady ever!

Anyway, one of my Mooj's friends said that all I needed to do was take up knitting and then bam, I was the crazy, nerdy old cat lady. And to be honest, I had, the day before, contacted my local knitting store about beginner's classes. Which I am now officially signed up for. I would love to have something to do with my hands while I'm sitting/watching TV...maybe then I could get rid of my picking fingers habit (although I'll never rid myself of the alien thumb I have created. Ask to see it sometime. One half of the thumb's knuckle creases have completely healed over. Freak!).

So I'm proudly embracing nerddom.

In totally unrelated news: I have decided that my old eyebrow waxer was sadistic. I got a wax from a new lady and it was 100% less painful. Now I'm just hoping the business can make it (it's a new, all waxing store). So if you live in Chicago and need a clean bikini area, lip, back, eyebrow...go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment