Thursday, September 01, 2005

Roar...

Three things have led me to a mood of disgust and outrage:
  1. I just want to say to my color book participants: I'm a little bit doubtful this is going to be happen. Today was your deadline. I had one person back out two days ago (and I'm not going to lie, I am pissed and hurt) and I've had a total of 3 people give me the required information. I know that this is a fun project and deadlines are "a pain in the ass." But I know you guys, and without deadlines this thing would never happen. And I guess because I'm your friend you think the deadlines are bogus? I don't know, I just feel a little like nobody is listening to me. Like you're like, yeah Katie, stop being so bossy, blah blah blah. And my mood right now is forcing me to say: if one of you even tries to come back at me with a "lighten up Katie, this is supposed to be fun" I'm going to scream. Probably at you. It's inconsiderate to the people that actually followed the deadline to just ignore it completely. I'm not sure how you can argue that it's not rude. Maybe I'm a little premature and you'll all come in with addresses and page size and theme before midnight. But I am highly, highly doubtful.
  2. On the Trib website today there was a headline: "Britney Spears Prays for Hurricane Victims." All I could think is holy fuck, what has the world come to? Why do we care how Britney is reacting? Tell Britney to go have her ghetto baby and leave us alone. The hurricane was a tragedy, we should all do our part, give a little money, worry a little, and if you're religious, yes pray. But at a time like this, when New Orleans is lawless and a death pit, the celebrity thing is a little callous.
  3. And finally, comments lately have gotten a little out of control in my little blog world. Not only did someone I know harass my sister for no apparent reason in a really vindictive way (and with little actual firepower) but now I've got spam comments. Spam comments? What the hell???
As you can see, I am not to be fucked with today.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the deadline passed. I'm sorry. And although it isn't an excuse to miss the deadline, if you had had the week that we had, you might have missed it to. Wait, I guess I am making excuses. I do want to do it still. Sorry

    ReplyDelete